Link Aadhaar OTP Method, Airtel, Vodafone, Idea Started E-KYC Verification Process: Link Your Aadhaar Number. As per the directive of Supreme Court, All the Telecom operators needs to do identity based verification or Aadhaar Based E-KYC Verification Process and needs to Link SIM Card With Aadhaar Card to Continued Services.
- 0.1 Aadhaar SIM Linking Three (3) New Steps:
- 0.2 Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number By Dialling 14546:
- 1 Link Aadhaar Card to SIM Card Through OTP:
- 2 Is Aadhaar Based E-kyc verification Process is Mandatory?
- 3 How to Link Aadhaar Card With Your Airtel, Idea, Vodafone Numbers?
Aadhaar SIM Linking Three (3) New Steps:
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has introduced the three new rules one-time password (OTP), App based and the interactive voice response (IVRS) facility, to link the Aadhaar with the mobile number.
Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number By Dialling 14546:
- Get your smartphone handy and dial a tollfree number 14546.
- Now the system will asked you to enter your 12 digit Aadhar number
- Then You will receive an OTP on Aadhar registered mobile number
- Now enter it manually for authentication and done.
- That’s it. You have successfully linked Aadhaar card to mobile number.
Link Aadhaar Card to SIM Card Through OTP:
This process is going to start from 1st December 2017.
- Subscribers will receive a UID reciepent number on mobile number from operator
- Now just reply to that message and enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number
- Then service provider will make a demographic verification
- Now operator will send a otp to mobile number
- After that, users needs to resend this message to operator
- That’s it. You have successfully done e-kyc process.
This is an compulsory process for all existing customers of Telecoms of Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Jio, BSNL, AIRCEL, etc. As per the (DOT) Department of Telecommunication order the all operators need to verify all existing mobile customers (Prepaid & Postpaid) number via Aadhaar based E-KYC process on or before 06 February 2018.
Airtel and Idea Cellular, Vodafone Is the India’s first operators Started the Aadhar Based E-KYC Process in all Country. In all over india there are 1.1 billions of Active Mobile numbers. The reason behind of this is that a one step towards adding more security to Mobile number and save the nation from miss use by users.
Is Aadhaar Based E-kyc verification Process is Mandatory?
Yes. DOT Order to Telecom operators to done Aadhaar based E-kyc verification process on or before 6th February 2018. Due to that Idea and Airtel rolled out in India to start E-kyc process.The Company also stated that if the required verification is not complete, then the user’s numbers will get disconnected.
Most of the subscribers receiving Aadhaar based e-kyc verification messages then, you can visit the stores near to you with your Aadhaar card and mobile number details. They will record your biometric authentication data for record.
You can also call the customer care and can clear your doubts regarding entire process.
How to Link Aadhaar Card With Your Airtel, Idea, Vodafone Numbers?
Please Note that, the entire process is free of cost.
- In order To link, your Mobile number to aadhaar then, you have to visit your nearest cellular centre with your mobile number and Aadhaar number.
- The store executive will provide a four-digit verification code on your mobile number for the purpose of re-verification process.
- Then you have to provide code to store executive & provide biometric.
- After 24 hours you will receive a confirmation SMS, then simply reply Y to complete the E-KYC process.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. What is Government’s directive regarding Aadhaar updation for mobile connection?
As per the recent government directive, all the existing customers have to link Aadhaar with their Mobile numbers.
Q2. By when do I need to link my Aadhaar card with mobile number?
We recommend you complete this process as soon as possible. Last date for the same is 6th Feb 2018.
Q3. What documents are required to complete the process?
All you need is your Aadhaar card/number and your Mobile. You will be required to complete biometric verification. You will also receive the verification code (OTP) on your Mobile that would be required to complete the process.
Q4. What if I don’t link my Mobile with Aadhaar?
In case you don’t complete the process before 6th Feb 18, services on your mobile number might get restricted.
Q5. I do not have Aadhaar card. What should I do?
We would request you to get your Aadhaar card made at the earliest. For details visit https://uidai.gov.in
Q6. I am a Airtel Broadband/ Digital TV customer. Do I also have to link my Aadhaar?
No, this is required only for mobile connections.
Q7. Where can I get my Aadhaar card linked with mobile number ?
Please visit any Airtel Retailer to complete the process.
Q8. Do I need to pay for this?
There is no fee for linking Aadhaar with your number.
Q9. What is Biometric process?
Biometric verification is a process through which, a person can be uniquely identified basis fingerprints and details are fetched as per the information in Aadhaar database.
Q10. What will Airtel do with my Aadhaar number?
Aadhaar details will be updated in our records against your number.
Q.11 What will happen to my previous details with Airtel?
All previous details will be overwritten with Aadhaar details.
Q12. What would happen to my balance?
Your prepiad balance will remain unaffected.
Q13. Do I have to change my SIM?
Q14. Once my no is linked to Aadhaar, will my tariff get changed?
Q15. I am an outstation customer. Where do I get my Aadhaar linked to my mobile number?
Currently, the Govt. Of India has not issued any instructions for outstation customers. We will update you when the regulation is issued.
Q16. I am currently in roaming. How do I get my Aadhaar linked?
Customers in roaming customer need to get the Aadhaar verified in their respective home circle.
Q17. I am a corporate customer. Do I need to get Aadhaar verified?
Currently the directive is only for individual customers. We will keep you informed once regulation for corporate customers is issued by Govt. of India.
Q18. My name/address is different in my Aadhaar card. What should I do?
Your details will be updated in your mobile account as per the details available in Aadhaar.
Q19. Will I get any confirmation that my Aadhaar has been linked?
Yes. You will receive a confirmation SMS within 24 hours.
Q20. If I have multiple mobile numbers, do I have to link each of them separately?
Q21. I am using a datacard and/or using the Airtel SIM in my data device (Tablet etc). Do I still need to link my Aadhaar number to these SIMs?
Q22. In case of Datacard, how will I receive the OTP for verification?
OTP will be sent on your registered alternate mobile number.
Q23. Do I have to carry my mobile number also for this process?
Yes. You will receive the verification code (OTP) on your Mobile that would be required to complete the process.