How To Check If Your PAN CARD Is Active or Not? As we all of know, few days ago Government of India has decided to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card. So many of the peoples ignore this news and as results the Government has blocked 11.44 Lakhs Pan Card by the end of 27th July. So follow below mention steps carefully and Check if your pan card is active or not?.
How To Check If Your PAN Card is Active or Not?
- First of all, Visit Income tax India website from here
- Now Under the services, located left corner > click on Know your PAN/TAN
- Then Enter your details like, name, Gender, Date of birth, Mobile number
- Now, you will receive OTP on registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP Manually and proceed
- If your PAN card is active, then you can see as Active.
- However, If you have a more than one pan card, then you have to provide additional info and needs to proceed.
How to link your Aadhaar with PAN through just an SMS. The income tax department has specified a mandatory process to link Aadhaar with PAN card.They also provided two methods first one is that you can link your Aadhaar card to PAN card by sending SMS. and, second one is via Income tax india official website(online). So just follow below steps and Link aadhaar with PAN Card.
How to Link Aadhaar with PAN Card Using SMS?
Read the below mention steps carefully and Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 in following format;
- Bring your phone handy with Aadhar card and PAN Card number
- Now open messaging app and type UIDPAN <SPACE> <12 digit Aadhaar No)> <Space> <10 digit PAN No>
- And send it to 567678 or 56161
- That’s it. Both the PAN and Aadhaar will get linked to each other.
The Income tax Department also, advertise their News in Some Newspapers, as follows;
It said linking the two numbers is the key to “seamlessly avail online, a world of income tax facilities.”
“Aadhaar can also be seeded into PAN database by quoting Aadhaar in PAN application form for new PAN allotment or by quoting Aadhaar in change request form used for reprint of PAN card,” said in the advertisement.
Is it important to link Aadhaar with PAN?
The Income Tax Department has suggested to taxpayers to link their Aadhaar number with their PAN, using an SMS based facility on or before July 1, 2017. For the News users, who need to get PAN, then they have to submit Aadhaar card and PAN number; it means it will automatically get linked to each other. And, they not need to follow this process.
But, the old users need to link Aadhaar with pan or if you fail to do so, your PAN number could become invalid.
How to link your Aadhaar number to PAN online?
- Visit Income tax Aadhaar linking website from here
- Then Log in account and Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’
- The next window will appear and you have to put Aadhaar number, PAN number and name as per Aadhaar card
- Now Enter captcha and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- That’s it.